Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beatrice Zephyr

Beatrice Zephyr

Year 6
I've been working hard at getting my badges from PII online.
I got a silver register and restock badge. Craftables is doing about the same. The real news is my love life. I was dating Talin and I even thought he might be someone I wanted to settle down with, but then something just crazy happened. I was recyling the newspaper and noticed a hansome young man walking down the street. Handsome enough to get my heart pumping right up in my ears. As I got closer I realized it was Alrick Avalon! At college that Boy had sure grown up. He didn't say a thing just strode right over and gave me a big smooch. Turns out he had a crush on me for years. After that the rest is kinda of history. It was like we were struck by lightning.

Year 5
With Derek off to school this whole year and Charles out late with his dates, and Edward of sulking, painting he says, in his room, I nearly have the house to myself. I don't like it. I always wanted to have more kids so now I'm looking for someone who can be their father. Things between Talin and I have heated up.
We've have several very good dates. When he wanted to sit and watch movies he bought me a TV. Weird how things work, that same night Charles brought a similar model home from a lady friend.

I'm doing what I can to get badges while they are still free. I got a restocking badge and doubled up my efforts in sales and took the silver badge class with Charles. Craftables is getting better business all the time.

Year 4

I started seeing someone. His name is Talin Dessippe. He's one of the techies living at Bellaverde apartments and he works on the archeological site at PII. I had seen him around when I made sure that Alrick was getting on ok.

Then the SHPS started taking not of what they were finding, so I had to go over and talk to them about it. He's really sweet, though we haven't really been on a date yet. He just stops by sometimes to chat.

Year 3

The store is looking up, more people means more sales, and it's good to see the residents are growing, even if it's only a because we found another Islander. I hope he does well and decided to stay in the Islands. It could help us all.


Year 2

The business is going so well! As SHPS spokesperson I have to put all the businesses in for review, including mine. But I never imagined I would get the LeTourneau Prize for new businesses. The Review letter for the prize siad that Craftables was a rare shopping experience specializing in handcrafted and local goods. Once my suppliers heard I was able to get a discount because everyone wants there wares at Craftables! Now if I can just figure out the silly register.

I miss Daniel everyday. I look at his toy crafting station and the empty shelves just for toys, but I can't bring myself to make them. Someday maybe someone else will.


Year 1
I will remain strong for my family. Daniel's death has hit us hard. I'm trying hard not to blame Charles, or more aptly his wife Evelyn that needed to be flown to the medical center on the mainland after another overdose. She was never good enough for Charles, but for a few years I guess she got him to settle down. I was supposed to be on that plane with him, but I had to be at the meeting for the Sim Historical Preservation Society if the Island was going to get into the revitalization program. Lucky, in a way, but now I have to continue on without the love of my life.

Our 15 year old son Derek hardly knows what to do. He's getting adversarial with the tourists one minute then flirting with them the next. We were able to re-open Craftables with a grant from the SHPS and he has to help me work the counter. I'm doing the sewing but I haven't even started learning how to make toys yet. That's was always my husband's love. It was Daniel's dream to make the Island a real home again with kids playing in the streets and elderly couples feeding the penguins on a park bench. I couldn't let him down.

The poor Avalon boy is good friends with the boys so he's over quite often. At least I know he's getting fed. I've asked him to maintain the webpages here. He's young but he's the only one who knows anything about computers here. My brother Charles has decided to stay. I think the only reason he went to the mainland was for the women, and with Evelyn gone maybe he will do better here. The environment is more... wholesome. He used grant money from SHPS to open up the Sunshine Bakery. I hadn't been in that building since they closed when I was 12. It brought back memories of a simpler time, when I didn't know that this town was dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment