Thursday, July 23, 2009

Derek Zephyr personal Journal

Derek Zephyr

Year 6

I joined the newspaper team and wrote a paper on fashion in business. I should have written it on kitchen safety. Started a fire heating up some pizza and nearly burned down the dorm. I discovered another planet too. If I keep this up I'll have my tuition paid for in no time.

I had to do an archeology internship at the dig site. Did I mention I HATE archeology? I would dig a hole, fine a rock, dig again and stick a water main, then spend forever filling it in. Repeat process infinitum. ARG!
Year 5
I helped with the car Sole was working on and we split the proceeds.
I got him to join the Astronomy club after I discovered a planet. Me discover a planet, too cool. I guess he's not such a bad guy. Little weird though.
I made chocobunnies for the fundraiser and chose to major in Economics. I've even made some money doing consulting work. A+ both spring and fall semester, thank you very much. I think mom would have been more thrilled if I hadn't interrupted her date to tell her. She's being going out with that Talin guy from the dig. There are no women here, well Shairanne Fix but I want to set my standards a little higher. It's bad when you start fantasizing about the cook!
Year 4

Woot! Graduated with a A- and got a scholarship to PII! I worked hard to get my skills up for admittance. Felt like all I did was work and study. I even helped found the Peacock Island chapter of the Astronomy Club for an extracurricular. Discovered a star my first semester at PII.

PII is great. Missed my first class, I was checking out the dorm and just spaced out or something. I took up the violin and am practicing a little everyday. Yeah, ignore the suit. I shot up right before school, so I had to borrow clothes from Alrick. Lucky he still had some of his dad's stuff.

I earned a little extra cash working as a digger at the archaeological site too. Met a girl that was scoping out colleges that volunteered for the dig. Her name is Alexys Pumpkin and she lives on the mainland, but said her mom was an Islander.

Never knew it could be so dangerous though. Our cook set the kitchen right on fire. Never seen anything like it, water and fire everywhere. Then the mainland Moos sent their mascot over to turn on the sprinkler system again but the cheerleader gave him a smack down. Dude, not a girl to mess with.
Did ok my fist semester. Got a B+. Not too bad I guess.

Year 3
The only kid I can spend time with other than my cousin is Alrick. And he's got to run the grocery store. I can't wait until college, then I can actually meet a few people and maybe get out of this place. Start my own business somewhere, be a dancer, be atoymaker like dad, something.

I'm still working at Mom's store and people are responding to my sales pitch a little better since mom signed me up for that vocational school thing.

I really don't know how I feel about that Sole guy. Mom says he's probably related to me a little. But why is he getting all this press. So he's an Islander, so am I. Dad was a native Islander, didn't mean anything until he died. It's just DNA and atoms and stuff.


Year 2
Mom's always working. Uncle Charles is always working. So why does it feel like the house is so small? I go outside just to get away from Edwards paint fumes. Yuck. I think the stars are way cooler than paint. I suppose things are going ok if everyone is working so hard.


Year 1



Uncle Charles moved in after Dad died. Like we need help or something. The funeral was awful, the tourist kept coming to gawk, like it was show or somethin'. I yelled at Lindsay Louie for staring. Hello, people have feeling, lost a loved one here. They just stand there dropping their chip bags all over like it's a amusment park.

I have to help mom with the new Craftables store. It will bring in tourists, she says. So what. Who needs tourists? I hate tourists. I hate them looking at their watches while I ring them up like their times so valuable. Yeah well I got homework to do and stars to chart and dance moves to practice if I ever want to get out of here and tour with the SimNational Ballet Company.


My cousin lives here now to. He's only 12 but thinks he's hot stuff cause he's from the city. *Insert eyeroll here.* All he does is complain that we don't have a TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment