Thursday, July 23, 2009

Edward Zephyr Personal Journal

Edward Zephyr

Year 6
I write this post but I will not talk about my grades, so nobody ask ok?
Dad lets me make pottery at the bakery and I work the summer serving people coffee. It's ok I guess. I like the pottery, more than the coffee. Dad's starting to date again...alot. Last year it was Danielle and then this year some girl named brittney and I just saw him with this other girl I didn't even catch her name. I liked Laela. She was nice and she like to talk about my art. Dad can do what he wants, but I don't have to like it. Bea dating someone new too. I could hardly believe my eyes. I know you'll never guess who.

Everybody's finding love but me. Oh well doesn't matter. Just started my SR. year so soon I'll be free, free, free.

Year 5

I am so ready to be out of school but I only got to be a junior this fall. It's so boring. I've got a D- and I just don't care but dad says there's no way I'm dropping out, or I'm out of the house. I make prank calls late at nite just to have something fun to do. At least we finally got a TV, one of Dad's dates brought one over.

Year 4

Check the new threads. Island cool. Least I blend in a bit more. Had to get dad to go off island to get clothes. He HATES the ferry. Had to drag him out. He says its better at night when he can't see the water all around.

Yeah, school, not so hot. My art class is killer but everything else I could live without. Derek got all excited cause he got a scholarship. I don't think PII would even consider me, not with a D. Not like I want to do anything other than be done with school. 3 more years to go. ick. But art class is cool. Dad even sold one of my plates at the store!

Year 3
School's been rough. It's bed enough being an "island kid" even though I'm not really, not like I grew up here or nothin'. But well there are other differences I gotta worry about. I like fashion instead of football and I like...guys. There said it. It probably wouldn't be that big a bead in SimCity or something but this is small town stuff and everything on the island is image. The image of history or culture and all that. And it just doesn't get any worse than your dad walkin' in ya'. Oh, Man, that was embarrassing.

And the worse part is I'm not the one that needs cheering up. Aunt Bea is working hard and I think she finds it hard us living here and not having a husband and all. I told her stupid jokes till she couldn't not laugh at me. Guess sometimes you gotta fake it till you're happy.


Year 2


Made friends with the only the teenager other than my cousin. His name is Alrick. His parents died too, so we got lots to talk 'bout. Dad's been busy with the store so I hardly ever see him. Aunt Bea makes sure we got food and stuff but that's about it. I paint a little and dad still lets me use the pottery wheel, but Bea won't even let me near here sewing machine and I got the coolest idea for like a swimsuit, but one that helps you swim, you know for my dad. She said it's old and tricky to use. Maybe just a TV then?

Year 1

I thought it'd be fun to travel to the Islands, guess not. There's nothing to do here. They don't even have a computer, or a TV! At least Dad lets me play upstairs in the shop he bought. He says he's even going to sell the plates I make.

I love my Aunt Bea but she keeps forgetting that I don't eat meat. The lunch meat sandwiches are bad enough but, she keeps trying to feed me fish, Blech! I had to make a list of the foods I will eat for when she cooks.
It's weird in a house with all these people. I'm a light sleeper so I always end up getting the stupid phone when it rings like at 3:30 in the morning. No we do not need a subscription to whatever magazine! I miss Mom, but my cousin Derek is pretty cool and tells me stories about where she is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment